Complete Accounting Package for PCs
ProfitMaker 4 is a fully integrated Accounting, Invoicing and Stock Control package.
This package has been developed over the years and version 4 is the latest incarnation. The invoicing module was completely re-written for this version, making it easier to edit the various components of a document. New facilities which were added include a Bank Reconciliation feature and also the ability for handling of Standing Orders, a routine which allows automatic payments to be posted. ProfitMaker is comprised of the following modules:-
Although this module is mostly concerned with invoicing, it does much more. This module produces the normal credit sales invoices, dispatch notes to accompany them and also cash invoices, quotations and credit notes. The documents are printed when complete and stored in a file. This enables them to be printed again at a later date.
This is a full featured module which offers far more than run of the mill stock recording facilities. The ProfitMaker enables you to have control over your stock, not just recording of stock descriptions and levels. There are many types of figures kept which provide the detailed reports needed to keep accurate stock control easily.
Sales & Purchase Ledgers
Both of these ledgers are very similar in operation to each other, one being the 'mirror image' of the other. Various options have been introduced such as the ability not to print audit trails while posting. Also there are facilities which make it easier to call up account references. New to these ledgers are standing orders which allow regular payments to be posted automatically either daily, weekly, monthly or on a certain date.
The nominal ledger is strictly a double-entry system with postings being made automatically from the other ledgers or the invoicing module. Postings can also be entered directly with posting routines provided. These routines include both Cash Book Receipts and Expenses (with VAT calculation) and standard nominal Journal entries. New to these routines are features which allow easier editing of a page of entries, minimising errors. There is also a Bank Reconciliation feature, which allows postings to be kept until they have been reconciled (e.g. with a bank statement) before clearing them. Also a bespoke report facility has been added to provide any detailed analysis the user may require which is not already provided. Through this, individual reports can be generated specifically for your business.
Following are just some of the features of the software :-
- User-defined layouts for the documents (invoices, statements etc.) produced by the program. Now with greater control through the 'Paint-a-screen' facility which enables the user to view the layout as it actually looks.
- Full use of colour to improve the clarity of displays.
- Programmed entirely in machine code for maximum speed and efficient use of memory.
- Straightforward installation onto the hard disc.
- The invoice details are built up on screen, so that the document details can be checked, and if necessary amended using the extensive editing facilities.
- Documents created via the invoicing routine do not have to be printed at the time of creation. They are stored in the document file to be printed at a later date.
- When invoicing for stock items, the program can be set to automatically adjust all stock control figures.
- Customer stock allocations can be made, and used when invoicing. Actual stock quantities will be displayed on screen.
- The invoice details will be posted to both the Sales and Nominal ledgers directly.
- Sales, Costs, and Profit figures are maintained automatically by the program for all customers (split over five product groups) and stock items, with an optional comparison with the previous year's figures. These are constantly updated and are available for output at any time.
- For further analysis, each line on the invoice can be assigned to a separate nominal account to give complete flexibility of analysis.
- Four different types of discount structure are catered for. There is an 'invisible' customer discount, discount lines which can be percentages or lump sums applied to other lines on an invoice; also there is a settlement discount and finally each customer can have a discount for each of the five product groups.
- The stock movement facilities include Customer Allocations and purchase order recording which is linked in to a stock Demand Forecasting feature, allowing the use of dynamically calculated Re-order levels, and Economic Order Quantity to assist in placing orders.
- Parts explosion is available, allowing assembly and costing of Composite stock items. A full stock movement history record is maintained for audit purposes, recording all stock movements.
- Another powerful feature for stock control is the 'Mass Stock Price Update'. This enables stock prices to be increased by either a percentage or an amount. This facility is available for all stock records or a user-defined selection.
- The reporting facilities are very powerful, allowing stock analyses to be produced based on criteria used singly or in combination. The amount and type of information output can also be controlled.
- The Sales and Purchase ledgers work on an open item basis, so that postings made will not be cleared from file unless they have been 'paid off' or cancelled.
- Postings can be made directly, with all the postings on an account being listed in date order.
- Aged Debt/Credit period start dates can be specified by the user. The program will produce Statements, Remittance advices, as well as Aged Debt/Credit reports, and an unique feature is the integration of both ledgers to produce a detailed Cash Flow Forecast.
- Standing orders routines can be used which allow for automated posting of payments on certain dates, monthly, or on a weekly basis.
- All postings to the nominal ledger are automatically held in date order, and are normally held on a month to date basis. Nominal accounts can be set as reconcilable accounts so that they retain their postings indefinitely until they can be reconciled, for instance against a bank statement.
- Pages of nominal postings can be edited easily to minimise mistakes before posting.
- The accounts on the Nominal ledger are completely user-defined. Although a suggested ledger structure is given in the manual, you can set up the nominal to suit your company's requirements.
- Nominal reports include:
Final Accounts, Profit & Loss, Trading Accounts, Balance sheet, as well as Gross and Nett profit and Full Trial Balance. Bespoke Nominal analyses can be created by the user to give reports which are specific to their needs. Budget Comparisons and Cost Centre analysis reports can also be produced, and the reports can be in the form of simple summaries i.e. account descriptions and balances, or can include the current month's postings in detail.
- Customer records have automatically updated last invoice and last statement date fields. Within ProfitMaker pressing F10 brings up on-line help. The help narratives can also be amended or created like any other records, so that the users can add their own.
If you require any further information we would be glad to answer your questions. The cost of the ProfitMaker system is £275 + VAT (£323.13) which would include a master disk, printed manual and 12 months Camsure technical support.
Further Camsure Support for this product is priced at £150 + VAT (£176.25) for 12 months.
Or use the details listed below. Our office hours are Mon - Fri, 9am to 5pm.